For a regularly updated list of Gainesville Community Food Resources, explore the Food Systems Coalition’s Resources Page.
You can also download an Alachua County Community Resource Guide: Child and Family Focused.
See below for additional UF Specific Resources:
UF Food and Nutrition Education Programs and Clubs
- UF IFAS/CALS Field & Fork Program, http://fieldandfork.ufl.edu/Promotes hands on learning in sustainable agriculture and food systems. You can volunteer at Farm and Gardens, and they also host classes and community groups.
- UF IFAS Food Systems Institute, https://foodsystems.ifas.ufl.edu/. Research institute connecting faculty to develop participatory, research-based solutions that enhance nutrition, health, livelihoods, and the environment globally through improved food systems.
- IFAS Food Security, https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/topic_food_security. Informational site to learn more about topics of food insecurity.
- UF Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) Extension
- Family Nutrition Program (IFAS-FNP) familynutritionprogram.org Offers a wide variety of programs on cooking and eating nutritious food on a budget.
- IFAS Cooking Matters in Your Community https://cookingmatters.org/in-your-community Offers one-time cooking demos.
- Alachua County Extension http://sfyl.ifas.ufl.edu/alachua/ Offering gardening, cooking, and other related classes, workshops and support to our community.
- UF Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN) Club, https://www.facebook.com/groups/uffshnclub/. The UF FSHN Club helps develop and teaching cooking class for nutritious diets.
- The The Food Recovery Network at the University of Florida, https://www.facebook.com/FRNGNV, Student group that rescues cooked food to prepare for those in need.
- UF Culinary Arts Student Union (CASU) https://www.facebook.com/casuat.uf/ Cooking club available to UF students. They host cooking classes, demos, and events.
- Organic and Sustainable Agriculture Club https://www.facebook.com/groups/OSACUF. Student clubs that promote healthy eating through gardening and education about plants.
UF Wellness and Financial Services
- Careers at UF https://jobs.ufl.edu/ Job listings on campus.
- Counseling and Wellness Center https://counseling.ufl.edu/ Offers individual counseling on a variety of topics
- Gator CareerLink https://career.ufl.edu/students/prepare-for-your-search/find-experience/ Career services for job search assistance.
- Gator Dining Nutrition Services https://gatordining.com/on-campus-resources/ Gator Dining offers support for food allergies and a registered dietician that can answer questions regarding meal plans, campus dining, and nutrition.
- GatorWell http://gatorwell.ufsa.ufl.edu/ A program at UF focused on empowering UF students to be healthy and well through prevention. They offer Wellness Coaching and many other services.
- Get Fruved http://www.Fruved.com A student club that aims to improve healthful dietary intake, increase physical activity, and improve overall stress management skills amongst college students.
- Healthy Gators healthygators.ufl.edu Gators is a coalition of University of Florida departments and organizations who work together to identify key health issues and trends at UF. Their webpage links to a number of campus resources and events for wellness.
- HR Wellness https://worklife.hr.ufl.edu/wellness/ Offers a broad set of wellness classes and resources for UF Staff.
- Rec Sports http://recsports.ufl.edu/fitness/nutrition-services RecSports offers Nutrition Services by a registered and licensed dietitian to enhance and empower overall wellness. Nutrition Services offers one-on-one nutrition counseling to UF students and the UF community.
- Student Financial Affairs https://www.sfa.ufl.edu/ Assistance with financial aid and financial planning tools.
- Student Health Care Center (Infirmary), https://shcc.ufl.edu/services/specialty-care/nutrition-services/ Nutrition services and consultations are available.