The Field & Fork Program offers internships every semester for students looking for work experience, college credit, or the chance to explore the practical and applied components of our food system. Interns have the opportunity to network with community organizations and industry partners, and to work in the field learning all aspects of producing food for the Alan and Cathy Hitchcock Field & Fork Pantry on campus.
Thank you to everyone who applied! We are now fully staffed, and no longer accepting applications for Spring 2020. But if you’re interested in a summer internship, feel free to apply early! Fill out the Field & Fork Application, and send it along with your resume to Dina at email@example.com.
We are looking to fill positions in the following topics for the Spring 2019 Semester:
- Compost: Hone and manage an efficient composting process on-site to feed farm soils.
- Harvest: Oversee harvest, post-harvest processing, and delivery to Alan and Cathy Hitchcock Pantry.
- Gleaning: Work with local farmers and food banks to pilot-test a cutting-edge food waste reduction program.
- Propagation: Held establish and manage a greenhouse to grow seedlings for the farm.
- Outreach: Develop and conduct an engaging and fun social media and outreach campaign.
- LA Urban Farms: Work with industry partners to manage vertical grow towers around campus.
- International Forest Garden: Work with a graduate student to enhance and grow the diverse agroforestry space.
- Seed Saving: Work with a graduate student to manage and collect data on an exciting new local seed breeding project.
Please feel free to reach out to Dina with any questions or to discuss opportunities. We’re looking forward to working with you!