The Field & Fork Program offers internships every semester for students looking for work experience, college credit, or the chance to explore the practical and applied components of our food system. Interns have the opportunity to network with community organizations and industry partners, and to work in the field learning all aspects of producing food for the Alan and Cathy Hitchcock Pantry on campus.
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2019! Read more about Position Descriptions here!! To submit an application, please send your resume and the Field & Fork Internship Application to Dina Liebowitz (email@example.com).
- Compost: Hone and manage an efficient composting process on-site to feed farm soils.
- Harvest: Oversee harvest, post-harvest processing, and delivery to Alan and Cathy Hitchcock Pantry.
- Gleaning: Hone and pilot-test a cutting-edge gleaning program for reducing food waste.
- Propagation: Held establish and manage a greenhouse to grow seedlings for the farm.
- Outreach: Develop and conduct an engaging and fun social media and outreach campaign!
- LA Urban Farms: Work with industry partners to manage vertical grow towers around campus.
- Nutrition: Assist with cooking classes and nutrition education programming for students and staff.